Alistair Donaghue is a graduate of the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, studying Vocal and Operatic Performance as a Bass-Baritone. He particularly enjoys performing Early Music, and regularly has
professional engagements in oratorio, opera, recording and choral music.
Alistair performed in all of Birmingham Conservatoire's operatic productions during his time there. His roles include:
- Mozart Le nozze di Figaro - Dr Bartolo, Crescent Theatre, March 2017
- Verdi Macbeth - Chorus, Dorset Opera Festival, August 2016
- Tchaikovsky Eugene Onegin - Chorus, Dorset Opera Festival, August 2016
- Ravel L'enfant et les sortilèges - L'arbre, Crescent Theatre, March 2016
- Blow Venus and Adonis - Adonis, Crescent Theatre, June 2015
- Walters Ava's wedding (world premiere) - The Truth, Crescent Theatre, March 2015
Opera scenes roles:
- Handel Giulio Cesare - Achilles, Birmingham Rep Theatre, December 2016
- Verdi Otello - Chorus, Birmingham Rep Theatre, December 2016
- Puccini La Bohème - Hawker/Chorus, Birmingham Conservatoire, December 2015
- Mozart Der Zauberflöte - Geharnischte Mann, Birmingham Conservatoire, December 2015
- Rossini La Cenerentola - Alidoro, Birmingham Conservatoire, December 2014
Alistair is a very experienced choral singer, and has had many professional engagements with professional ensembles.
- Bass Songman in the choir of York Minster.
- Former Senior Lay Clerk at Birmingham Cathedral, and was the bass soloist in their recent broadcast on BBC Radio 3's Choral Evensong.
- Sings in the inaugural Ex Cathedra Scholarship Scheme, conducted by Jeffrey Skidmore.
- Former member of the Birmingham Conservatoire Chamber Choir, conducted by Paul Spicer, including annual recording projects, and a recent broadcast on BBC Radio 3.
- Recorded choral CDs with All Saints' Church Choir Northampton (Regent Records), Birmingham Conservatoire Chamber Choir (Somm Records), Birmingham Cathedral Choir (Regent Records), National Youth
Choir of Great Britain, and the Wessex Consort (Aeterna Records).
Alistair enjoys singing oratorio, and his recent engagements include:
Handel Messiah -
Bass soloist, Birmingham Cathedral Choir, December 2018
- Couperin Ariane consolée par Bacchus (British premiere), Birmingham Conservatoire, November 2018
- Bach Magnificat - Bass soloist, Huntingdon Choral Society, March 2018
- Kuhnau Es ist ein Kind geboren - Bass soloist, Shipston-on-Stour, December 2017
- Handel Chandos Anthem No. 9, Bass soloist, November 2017
- Purcell Dido and Anaeas, Ex Cathedra, July 2017
- Vaughan Williams Five Mystical Songs, Leicester, June 2017
- Handel Saul, Shipton-on-Stour, May 2017
- Purcell King Arthur, Brierly Hill Choral Society, May 2017
- Bach St Matthew Passion - Bass soloist, Birmingham Cathedral Choir, April 2017
- Bach St John Passion - Choir, Northampton Philharmonic Choir, April 2017
- Mozart Coronation Mass, Birmingham Festival Choral Society, June 2016
- Handel Dixit Dominus - Bass soloist, Birmingham Festival Choral Society, March 2016
- Haydn Nelson Mass and Mozart Vespers - Thame Choral Society, May 2015
- Haydn Harmoniemesse - Abingdon Choral Society, March 2014
To enquire about booking Alistair for an engagement, click on Contact to get in touch.